Mailing List

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Emperor Mollusk versus The Sinister BrainEmperor Mollusk versus The Sinister Brain by A. Lee Martinez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Totally satisfying. :)

I was just saying to myself... I need something hilariously funny SF filled with an extra-heaping dose of a tentacled-monster-crazy-mad-scientist-genius in a tricked-out exo-suit. Hell, I needed a huge dose of quick-fire funny SF tropes skewering all the old Flash Gordon and 30's adventures, and I needed it all from the PoV of the mastermind villain. :)

I didn't even know that I needed this so much. But I did. And it filled my soul right after it removed my brain and added a few modifications to it before returning it safely in my meat-suit.

I mean, what else can you expect? Ennui after successfully conquering earth?

Screw that. Earth is too much trouble. I mean, sure, I've grown a bit fond of them after the years and my younger clone wants a shot at them, but no, they're MINE. :)

And that's just how it starts. :) What we actually get is a rip-roaring adventure of Emperor Mollusk of Earth finding him in the unenviable position of having to become a *gasp* hero and save the terrans from The Sinister Brain. (That happened to come from the future knowing everything that the Emperor would do and spoiling his every move.)

Ennui? Hell, no time for that! No one is smarter than the Emperor Mollusk!

But don't worry if you would prefer not to stay on earth. Every planet has their race of Alien Monstrosities and death rays and galactic empires, and can't they Just Stay Out of his problems? No, no, of course not. Enemies become friends, and smart adventure abounds. :)

Totally popcorn. Totally delightful. I read this with a grin plastered across my face the entire time. :)

*jiggledance*

I think, perhaps, that A. Lee Martinez might be one of the smartest, most delightful B-Movie humorists out there. Just a pure entertainer. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment