Mailing List

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Rebirth (Electrified #1)Rebirth by J.D. Olson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A pretty fun LitRPG as long as you A: don't expect a real progression system other than "Ding, Ding, Ding" when fighting as an underleveled and underprepared electricity user, and B: don't expect anything more than a fairly decent post-apocalypse wish-fulfillment power-user type novel that puts the reigns in the hands of the "altered" over especially the military types that just don't get the skill-ups they so desperately desire.

All told, despite the logic errors and the sloppy RPG elements, I didn't mind it so much. It was a popcorn read and it was pretty great just zapping everything with lightning and slashing with spears and knives.

If you leave your brain at home, you might just have a great time. And honestly, I guess I did, too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment