Mailing List

Monday, October 16, 2023

CujoCujo by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So solid. Honestly, as a straight thriller with no supernatural aspects, it showcases King's grasp of timing and characterizations. Beat by beat, so good.

Now, we all know Cujo is a bad dog, or if you're a King fan, he's a good, good boy, but what really got me on this late re-read (I was just a kid the first time) was the references to other well-loved characters in other early King works.

This shouldn't be a surprise to the fans, of course, but sometimes they hit harder. One in particular, for me, is Sheriff Bannerman. A pretty big role here, The Body, and, of course, The Dead Zone. He was even mentioned several times in Tommyknockers, but just mentioning him isn't quite enough to do him justice.

The poor man. So few good men.

Great book, otherwise! And expect tragedy. Expect lots of tragedy.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment