Mailing List

Friday, November 22, 2019

We Should All Be FeministsWe Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

And in the space of a single short essay, I've just become an uber-fanboy.

She sums up all my own feelings on the subject in a delightfully welcoming essay on Feminism.

As in, hello, we all need to do better. Be more aware. Don't ignore the problem, but above all, be real to ourselves.

It's a simple message. And this author writes with such charm and very little anger. If I could choose any single manifesto to live by, (even as a man), I could do very much worse by looking anywhere else. :)


Here's another thing to chew on:

I feel hopeful.

I have hope.

Don't do as we've always done. See things clearly. And above all, treat everyone with respect.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment