Mailing List

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Penric's Fox (Penric and Desdemona, #5)Penric's Fox by Lois McMaster Bujold
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Returning to the land of the Five Gods to an earlier point in Penric's life, we're treated to a rather untraditional whodunnit.

This murder isn't just about a sorceress. Her demons are also victims. And where will they go? The funky world of shamanism, of course, with all the problems that encompass. Loss of identity, living one's life out in another's body, etc.

That's bad enough, but there's rather more intrigue and this is a full-fledged mystery.

In some ways, this has a bit more going on than the other Penric novellas, but it's also probably my least favorite. The world-building is top notch and I love Desdemona and Penric, but I suppose I just wasn't feeling it today. *sigh*

Still enjoyable for all that!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment