Mailing List

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

All These Worlds (Bobiverse, #3)All These Worlds by Dennis E. Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Homo Sideria

I love it. Actually, I love this entire series.

So much happens, but it's mostly snippets and sub-plots for multiple personalities spread across vast distances across space. Of course, that's kinda necessary since it's one man in an AI matrix duplicating himself massively and communicating real-time over fantastic spaces, doing good as he mines and fabricates and fights battles with aliens, insane AIs from old Earth, talks with friends or adopted relatives or just goes the terraforming route or just about anything else he wants to do.

He's pretty much a machine god in our future, but he's also just Bob. Geek from our century. Doesn't really want anything for himself but is perfectly willing to do so much good for so many people, it's really rather sad how much people take advantage of him.

In this third book, however, we come to a head with the alien ships that chew up and spit out whole worlds, and it's everything I'd hoped it would be. :) All the sub-plots include romance, exploration, guilt, and just plain getting pissed off, but what else can we expect? I feel for him. :)

Great trilogy. Possibly some of the most refreshing stuff I've read in ages. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment