Mailing List

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Dead Men NakedDead Men Naked by Dario Cannizzaro
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dylan Thomas! *points at the title*

That being said, I really enjoyed the heart of this novel. It really is about Heart and also about having a road trip with Death, with all that implies, but more than that, I really enjoyed the humor and the depth of feeling that was expressed.

What? At the same time? Yeah. I could actually see the author bleeding out on the page even as I grinned at the Tequila-inspired Seances, the buddy-Death escapades, or the total wish-fulfillment fantasies surrounding the sisters (of whom take up even more of this tale than even the MC).

It's a quest novel, to be sure, but more of an inner-world-become-fantasy as told through modern anthropomorphism. Hello, Death! :)

Quite a smooth read and very entertaining, all told, but the best part was the heart.

Thanks to the author for a copy! I was genuinely pleased with the read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment