Mailing List

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Remanence (Confluence, #2)Remanence by Jennifer Foehner Wells
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This sequel to Fluency proves to me that I need to keep my eye out for this author's other works. There's a lot of great classic SF that gets revamped here for the more modern readers who are quite up to date on the technology-concepts and who don't want to slog through long explanations or embarrassing social bits of the 70's or earlier. :)

That being said, I like being right about some other things, too. I thought the main character wasn't Jane and the eventual focus on this book kinda vindicates me. :) Maybe they're co-main characters. :) I love my squiddy pal. :)

We get to leave old Terra behind and do some major exploration on an alien homeworld. There's some fun social stuff, some better *more* alien stuff, some unwelcome surprises, and after we pass the midway point, we've got ourselves a bona-fide space opera. :)

The adventure only gets better and sets us up for even bigger and badder things to come, because of course we've still fighting the Swarm and it's influence from the first novel. I personally think it's about time that these folks find some friends. Fast.

This is some pretty darn good SF adventure yarn that fits well in the basket held out by Charles E. Gannon, only we've got a reluctant linguist in the role of a captain of a full-sense telepathic alien spacecraft in conjunction with her squiddy navigator. :) I can't recommend it enough for those of you who like this particular brand of SF. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment