Mailing List

Monday, January 8, 2024

Voidbreaker (The Keepers, #3)Voidbreaker by David Dalglish
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a mostly satisfying conclusion to the series. I think I mostly had concerns after the second, for a particular loss's impact on my full enjoyment, how it made me see the rest of the world through another pair of eyes, but for the most part, I think it was a good change.

What am I talking about?

The balance, for the most part. All these different peoples, whether of the dragon or of humanity, needed a serious re-balancing act, and all the pulling and destruction of souls in the act of Keeping was both rather OP in the fantasy as well as some great subtext.

All in all, it elevated or completely broke the established modern sword-and-sorcery vibe that I felt the first two had done pretty well. I can't tell which, however, only that something irrevocably changed.

I still had fun, however, so there is that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment