Mailing List

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Ravencaller (The Keepers, #2)Ravencaller by David Dalglish
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This continuation is right on par with the first -- that is to say, an excellent modern fantasy that has all the trappings of old Sword-and-Sorcery, but with a serious devotion to modern writing, expanded details, more conversations, even more sexy-time that isn't all cardboard-cutout women, but fully realized characters.

You know -- something that might be considered an improvement. :)

This sequel pushes the conflict between the children of the dragon and humanity to greater action and tragedy, as could be expected, and I'm crying for both sides at this point.

While I won't call this the best fantasy I've ever read, I WILL say that it is very entertaining and I don't regret reading it at all. I consider this a popcorn read -- and that is not a bad thing at all. Lots and LOTS of popcorn.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment