Mailing List

Thursday, June 2, 2022

King Bullet (Sandman Slim, #12)King Bullet by Richard Kadrey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As endings go, this is far from the worst I've read. As stories go, I admit that there was a lot of relationship stuff going on here that I only half-cared about, more expecting some high-octane, big magic and/or bullets UF to blow out on.

As it was, the action, when it was action, was pretty damn awesome and I have no complaints. Mr. Slim is hardly as powerful as he used to be and this was an appropriate challenge. Or rather, this was a hold-on-by-the-skin-of-your-teeth challenge, and it wrapped practically everything up quite nicely.

The one perfectly positive thing I can say about this is that it lands the plane in a very satisfying way.

Maybe not satisfying if you wanted the UF to go on forever, mind you, but it was heroic and it was sad and almost everyone got their just desserts.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment