Mailing List

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Brothers of the Wind (The Last King of Osten Ard #0.75)Brothers of the Wind by Tad Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Context, context, context. I loved this addition to the Tad Williams universe.

But first, I need to point out that it takes place a thousand years before the events in the first trilogy, when Ineluki, the then great and terrible Storm King, was merely a brave immortal warrior, who, with his ill-fated brother, destroy a great dragon in these pages.

What follows is a tragic tale, as told by an amazingly loyal Ocean-kin who would follow his master across the land to heal him from the burns of the dragon's blood, a pain that would remain forever and bring prophetic visions.

I personally love it for the main story, the desperate loyalty, the despair of happiness, and the loss of love, while following his ever-tortured master. *chef's kiss*

Even so, while the core story is so good, I can't quite decide whether it is as good as the context or whether the context catapults it. :) So good.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment