Mailing List

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

The Kaiju Preservation SocietyThe Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was all kinds of wonderful and just plain fun. And I mean Fun in the way that a Gojira named Bella is fun while a bunch of lilliputians tries to get Edward, another Gojira, to mate with the previously mentioned Bella.

Yes. It's THAT kind of novel.
Plus it's full of snark, great quips, sweet SF references, and fun, better-than-Jurassic Park adventures. With parasites. And nuclear slime. And dollar-bro douchebags.

This was a snappy, delightful book that ought to get a Hugo for this year but probably won't even get a nomination because -- whatever. Either way, it's awesome.


And as a final note, I really want to give out a quick shout-out to all you guys who lift things for a living.

You rock. I hope you get a job like this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment