Mailing List

Friday, March 18, 2022

Starbreak (Rise to Omniscience, #2)Starbreak by Aaron Oster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

LitRPG speed run.

I'll admit something. I read things like this because it reminds me exactly of playing endless amounts of RPG games. Everything else is secondary. Yes, that means even character development or basic STORY takes second place to the RPG feel. I just want the setup, the low-level battles and leveling, the breakthroughs and massive reveals about where the PC might be going, and the rush to get there before the world ends.

That's it. I want the GRIND.

Fortunately, this series has been doing that perfectly well. Early 20's for level. A few new massive powerups. :)

As an added bonus, we get the requisite character flaw like altered memory and emotional responses, a lure to return to normal with the help of some gods, and the massive suspicion that EVERYONE is using him for their own ends. *shrug*

I'm on his side. I'm also just there for the leveling grind. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment