Mailing List

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Thor: God of Thunder, Volume 1: The God ButcherThor: God of Thunder, Volume 1: The God Butcher by Jason Aaron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an impressive Marvel comic. Both the art and the story are a notch above most. The story is epic, spanning 14 billion years and a bit more central to Thor's own timeline as a young godling, a mature heroic Thor, and a much, much older old man Thor.

In other words, it's ambitious as hell.

And really gelling everything together is an enemy, Gor the God Butcher, that is prolifically successful and nastily effective across all worlds in the realm, taking out all gods.

It may be a simple premise -- but suffice to say, the execution is fantastic. Word choice intentional.

I admit I've never read a Thor comic before, but if this is representative, I'm blown away by the scale and creativity. It shows a side that's rather more impressive than what I've seen in the movies.:)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment