Mailing List

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

The Saturday Night Ghost ClubThe Saturday Night Ghost Club by Craig Davidson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was surprised to learn that I had read something else by the same author under a different name: Nick Cutter. The other was more monster thriller, while this one had a very '80s Coming-of-Age feel to it, very much like Stranger Things, but more (at least to me) like Boy's Life or similar Stephen King titles of which I bet most of us are familiar.

The big difference is this, however: this is not a huge tome. No epic strolls down memory lane mixed with supernatural. Indeed, it's more like a literal stroll down memory lane with some nice meta elements.

But above all, it is a classy YA. Fun, light, interesting family members and friends, and some funny digs at old pieces of our culture that never got a chance to survive.

Poor Beta. *sigh*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment