Mailing List

Friday, October 1, 2021

How the Multiverse Got Its RevengeHow the Multiverse Got Its Revenge by K. Eason
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat with a lot of reviewers for this one.

I really enjoyed the light touch, the humor, and the character-centric royal intrigue of the first book. At least, I enjoyed it enough to want to see where Rory would go with it.

The second book just fell into a fairly average space opera with pretty standard onboard spacecraft subplots, be it finding a superweapon or getting into spacecraft scuffles, or handling aliens.

None of this is a dealbreaker, of course. But it does require the familiar light touch, humor, and charm. And sadly, I didn't really feel it in this one. Indeed, I admit to feeling a bit bored over fairly long stretches.

The first was pretty good, but this, sadly, was merely average and felt kinda forced. Star-Wars, it is not.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment