Mailing List

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

The PostmanThe Postman by David Brin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a re-read but here's a funny thing: I feel exactly the same about it now as I did when I read it over 30 years ago.

Optimism and idealism spitting in the face of opportunism and cynicism.

I mean, even when you're reading this and the MC IS opportunistic and cynical, the fact that he takes on a ROLE, a MYTH, is enough to spark a light in everyone's imaginations.

Fake it till you make it.

And eventually, all the things he might have been lying about become true.

And after all this, even in today's evil times, isn't this what we need? We're not civil. We're almost barbarians. Civilization is one of the biggest lies and yet, if we all believe in it, it CAN come true.




I'm not even going to mention the movie more than this: the book is superior, has better aspects, and doesn't have the horrible choices of the cast.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment