Mailing List

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Hunting the Ghost DancerHunting the Ghost Dancer by A.A. Attanasio
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

More of a 3.5 rating, rounded up, but most of that is because I wasn't all that into the prehistorical bits.

And since I knew that before I picked up this book, I mainly read it because I like A. A. Attanasio.

So what's good about this book?

Think Clan of the Cave Bear meets new age mysticism, commentary on Homo Sapiens versus Neadrathal, more mysticism, adventure, and a pretty cool escalation that didn't quite make up for the slow middle-meat of the novel but definitely surpassed it.

The prehistorical bits translate pretty well as straight fantasy, honestly, and the hints of how both species fared, 50k years ago, could very well have turned out that way (interbreeding).

Do I really recommend this book for anyone other than the prehistorical fans? Eh, maybe not, but to each their own.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment