Mailing List

Sunday, July 4, 2021

On the Planet of Zombie Vampires (Bill, The Galactic Hero, #5)On the Planet of Zombie Vampires by Harry Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm usually slightly leery of authors who team up but I don't know why that is. In a LOT of cases, it produces some quality work. Like this one.

I'm back to liking this series at the same level that I once liked it. Not much juvenile humor this time but DEFINITELY great for fans of any kind of funny starship mutiny. Can never trust the brass.

But more to the point, the series sets its eyes on classic SF tropes such as vampire armies, old-school zombie treatments, and an Alien invasion (as in the franchise). All this hits much more spot-on than in the previous volumes and I grinned more, too.

Big dumb draftees, unite!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment