Mailing List

Saturday, July 3, 2021

On the Planet of Tasteless Pleasure (Bill, The Galactic Hero, #4)On the Planet of Tasteless Pleasure by Harry Harrison
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This one was a bit better than the previous book because -- I admit -- I really got into the Zelazny tech-gods bit and some of the western aspects spread throughout. It tickled my funny bone.

But there was something that, while tickling my 12-year-old inner self's other funny bone, didn't age quite so well. It was a super-testosterone freakfest-turned-alien. It WAS funny for my 12-year-old self tho. Sperm jokes abound.

It's totally lowest-common-denominator stuff -- but sometimes it really IS funny. And I'm certain that it would probably not go too well with the modern book sensibilities. Times change.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment