Mailing List

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

When You DisappearedWhen You Disappeared by John Marrs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Leaving the final reveal aside, I was consistently impressed by how easily I was drawn into the characters, made to identify with them, and how smoothly I was led to give both sides the benefit of the doubt...

Even when the slow, out-of-order reveals gave me a very disturbing sense. It's one thing to know it's a thriller, that there are some really horrible secrets buried in the tale somewhere, but it's another to find just how deep the hole goes.

The order of the tale matters so much more than the actual events. The biggest reveals are often just around the corner.

I admit I was rather horrified. I got sucked right in.

Putting it this way, I think this is a very, very fine tale that does exactly what it intends to do. :)

Saying more gives away way too much of the tale. So simple. And yet so circuitous.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment