Mailing List

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the FaunPan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun by Guillermo del Toro
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My friend got me a beautifully illustrated version of this book and it has been a delight to fall into this story again. I'm sure a ton of us have seen the original movie.

This book is very much that story.

How does it compare? Well.

Is it as freaking DARK as the original fairy tale? Yes. Scarily so. The sense of oppression, desperation, magic, and YA horror is evident from the beginning and culminates in a true tragedy by the end.

Although some people might see the light and happiness in this, I suppose, I barely see any light at all. It is disturbing and relentlessly evil.

Of course, that could just be the fascism. *shiver*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment