Mailing List

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Going Postal (Discworld, #33; Moist von Lipwig, #1)Going Postal by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Out of all the books in the Discworld series, this is the first one that made me truly go from a fan to a diehard fan. I enjoyed them all, to be sure, but this is the one that made me downright giddy and pleased.

It’s a heist!! Um. Kinda. When a heist meets becoming an avatar for a god of incomplete stories meets confidence trickery meets MAIL DELIVERY.

I mean, this is Discworld. It makes perfect sense. Who other than a successful (albeit caught by Lord V) thief to run the biggest government con job in Discworld?

All hail the Postmaster General. Beloved of all the gods and the crookedest personality in all of Pratchett’s works. :)

So funny, so magical, and so freakishly... real.

If you don’t steal enough, you’re hung as a thief. You steal enough, they call you The Government or a Hero.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment