Mailing List

Monday, October 7, 2019

Dear Girls: Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets, and Advice for Living Your Best LifeDear Girls: Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets, and Advice for Living Your Best Life by Ali Wong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If any of you have enjoyed Ali Wong's stand-up, I'm sure you'll also enjoy this book. Brutal honesty, expose-all humor, and some heart mixed in with all the entrapment stuff that women are into. :)

Of course, there's always a twist.

This book is set up as a series of letters to her young daughters, but its kinda a gimmick. One that works, fortunately, by giving us a familiar outlet for her comedy. Some of the sets translate the same way from Baby Cobra or Hard Knock Wife and there's new material here, too, but maybe not as much as some folks might expect. It's about as different from those two specials as the two specials are from each other.

Is it a good way to get to know her as a comic? Would it be more fun to read this before watching her specials?

I wouldn't know. I got this book on Netgalley and THEN watched the specials. By then I was already a fan so this is all bonus, baby.

Have fun!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment