Mailing List

Monday, September 23, 2019

Brotherhood of the Wolf (Runelords, #2)Brotherhood of the Wolf by David Farland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In a perfect world, I believe these novels should have been published as novellas. The end of book 2 is actually the end of "book" 8 and as far as I can tell, all of the Runelords Saga is one long story. I'm guessing, of course, but it feels very focused and quite epic.

It kinda has to be. The tale of the Sum of All Men and the Earth King deserves no less. Some strategies, much more along the way of consolidating or losing power, this particular book culminates in a massive uprising of monstrous Reavers that threaten both sides and all of humanity.

The epic battle is just that: epic. Very enjoyable. Massive. Bloody. :)

That being said, I now appreciate just how much I love Peter V. Brett's Demon Cycle. There's a lot of similarities between these. But if you like the Demon Cycle, I'm pretty sure you'd love Farland's Runelords. With all that entails.

My only problem is with the direction of the plot at the end. Am I happy that it had to go this way? Not really. I mean, it may turn out pretty awesome, but hamstringing the Earth King made me a little pissed.

Fortunately, I'm pretty gung-ho about learning how these books will rectify that. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment