Mailing List

Monday, November 19, 2018

Vengeful (Villains, #2)Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It has been a while since I read Vicious, but that didn't stop me from fully enjoying this sequel.

Aftermaths are a bitch.

A quiet few years of dying over a hundred times isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Of course, one death is bad enough for all the specials who get their powers through a close call, but I have to say our main anti-heroes have it bad. It's all torture. Their whole lives.

Fortunately, friends make all the difference. It's all about strengthening your weak points and putting together a team that's impossible to beat. Or in Eli's case, laugh as his heart is cut out. Repeatedly.

I had a great time reading this. Every character is vivid as hell and the story is deliciously dark and twisted. No one is unabashedly good and most are frankly terrible people. But most of them have great super-powers and motivations that run the full range, so what the hell! This tale is as juicy as a still beating heart. :)

After reading so many of Schwab's books, I have to say that her adult fare is probably my favorite. Still. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment