Mailing List

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Oracle YearThe Oracle Year by Charles Soule
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a fun ride. It falls in a category I like to call a Blockbuster Hit. Light tone, exciting premise, great pacing... but above all, a great trigger novel. It has everything we like in mainstream SF hits. A little wish-fulfillment, a little naughty action, a point where the character decides to change, and the point where the S*** hits the fan.

From there, it's all action and thriller.

Yeah, yeah, but what is it ABOUT?

Will is a modern-day oracle.

108 prophesies, a little dark-web anonymity, a little greed, a lot of action, and a little saving the world.

Cool, right? And it is cool. I had a great time.

It's much better than the other things I've read by Charles Soule. :) She-Hulk was okay and Swamp Thing was kinda a mess, but his bonafide novel was as sharp as a tack. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment