Mailing List

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)Scythe by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The cure for immortality. :)

Nicely futuristic SF where everyone is immortal and can be uploaded to the cloud, where that same cloud has become an AI god staying out of the affairs of population control. This leads us directly to the death dealers, the scythes, who have quotas and struggle with ethics and compassion.

At least, the good ones struggle. The rest are rather corrupted and evil. :)

And so we have a good story with a very clear writing style that's full of fun ethical and moral dilemmas.

For a YA SF it's quite delicious. And it's also a lot less heart wrenching than a few other titles I've read with the same premise or near-premise. :) It manages to be entertaining without making me cry. :)

Looking forward to the next! :) (Of which I'm preparing to read as I write.) :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment