Mailing List

Monday, March 26, 2018

Moving Pictures (Discworld, #10; Industrial Revolution, #1)Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a re-read and I'm upping my rating because, well, let's face it: this is the start of a brand new chapter in the Discworld and it follows the main style that I have grown to love over all the rest of the books. I was slow to love them at first, but as I continued to see Progress raise its great lumbering head above the trash heaps of Ankh-Morpork (from inside the river, of course,) I can't help but get all bubbly inside.

Memorable moments, and there are a lot of them going well beyond this review, include a certain wild dash of the head magicians, a certain talking dog, Mr. Cut-Me-Own-Throat, and of course the clever use of the old Greek "anamnesis".

And of course the lambasting of old-time Holy Wood. :) It's time has come.

(Sounds rather ominous, right?)

Quite funny through and through, too. And of course, it only gets better from here. The weight of the Discworld about to break the backs of a few elephants and a turtle. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment