Mailing List

Friday, November 3, 2017

Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5)Touch of the Demon by Diana Rowland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG I'm actually surprised just how much epic fantasy is packed into this novel.

I mean, seriously, we're meant to expect police procedural in Louisiana with a taste or two of demon summoning, but instead, we get a full-blown epic in the Demon world (that seems rather nice, to be honest,) and tons of leveling up for Kara.

Is this what people think when the series goes sideways? Give me more!

We're leaving Earth for a brand new sidewise world! Heck yeah!

The best part is when Kara learns that her paramour can't be trusted. Big surprise? Maybe not. But it definitely makes for some excellent reading. Maybe even reboot-Kara worthy. This is some perfection when it comes to backstory and build when it comes to getting Over-Powered. :)

Maybe I'm just a sucker for all this stuff.

Correction. I AM a sucker for level-ups. No doubt about it.

So now we have tragic backstory and reason for training in the Demon Realm. Awesome. Totally Awesome. :) :)

Gotta love tragic knives and all. :) Climbing towers, making floating 2D sigils? Getting BEAST at least in terms of Earth Summoner terminology? I DON'T CARE. I LOVE IT.

Honestly, this is my favorite Kara novel. It has tons of new locations, new characters, new level-ups, and new motivations that aren't Earth-based. Do I really want something so far-flung? Yeah, perhaps I do, especially after having such a solid grounding already. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment