Mailing List

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Secrets of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #3)Secrets of the Demon by Diana Rowland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've noticed a trend in myself. Urban Fantasies, in general, require a bit of time and investment in order to start really liking them. I suppose this might be very commonplace, but at least for me, it's like there's a period of adjustment before I really start loving the characters and situations.

It's not a complaint. It's just an observation.

Kara Gillian, detective and demon summoner, is starting to get under my skin. :)

I liked this book more than the first two, but as I said, it's probably because it finally seeped in and now I'm just rocking along. I had the same kind of reaction with Anita Blake and Rachel Morgan and Harry Dresden, too. :) Stick with it long enough and everything becomes bigger than life. :)

Enough reflection. Onto the reaction!

I got my D&D monster manual out and started nodding along to the descriptions. I likey. It's a bit more exciting dealing with an outright (view spoiler) than the other assumption. And to think that someone is breaking up the band in such a way! It's a fun mystery.

But where the book really shines is in the continued character developments and how Kara fits in with the force. I'm really liking her Captain even if he just feels like an extreme goofball. And the reveal at the end? Totally delicious.

Yeah. I have a soft spot in my heart for popcorn fiction like this. Easy, fast, and fun. And for the rest of you out there that like hot and steamy action, it's here too. :) See? Something for everyone! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment