Mailing List

Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Copper Promise (The Copper Cat, #1)The Copper Promise by Jen Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Like dragons?

I said, Do You Like Dragons?

Honestly, this was the point, along with all the old gods that started waking up, that got my interest revving for this book. It wasn't so much the standard Sword and Sorcery stuff that filled the first two sections of the novel. It was written well, but it was very much the same kind of thing I've been reading for a long time, and it's been done. A lot. All the standard fantasy tropes, from awakening magic, thieves with hearts of gold, discovery of nobility in oneself, and even a bit, or a lot of mischief.

Later on, though? Big battles and old gods and one hell of an epic battle against a dragon that Just Won't Die.

I've been a big fan of Skyrm. Just think that with a much better story and a bit more epic and focused without the afterworld stuff and you'll have a good feel of this novel. :) I really got into it after all the magic and the big stuff started rolling, and this was what I was missing in the first parts of the novel.

I wasn't really looking for all the comfortable and standard tropes. But I did really enjoy the dragon and the gods. :) That was extremely fun. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment