Mailing List

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Angles of AttackAngles of Attack by Marko Kloos
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What is it about third books in Space Opera that always brings us back home to Sol for a shootout for the fate of Earth? Just curious. :)

Kloos is piecing together the fractured forces of humanity and is giving us a very, very slight hope against all these overwhelming odds.

Oh, who am I kidding? People are still people and fractured is what we are. Is our distant colony going to starve, can our heroes breath through the blockade around earth to bring resources? Can Grayson ever meet up with his woman and marry her?

This one is still as fun as the previous two novels, but I'll be honest: It's hard to match and maintain the same kind of conflict or sense of conflict as before. I want to say that the stakes are higher because it's the earth under siege, but it didn't quite feel that way to me. Still, the body count is very high and maybe I'm being slightly unfair. The quality is still very high. :)

The ending is quite satisfying, though, so it's not like I'm really complaining. I can't believe that I'm so enthusiastic about Mil-SF. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment