Mailing List

Monday, July 15, 2024

The Tusks of ExtinctionThe Tusks of Extinction by Ray Nayler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After his last novel, I expected a solid SF with real-world good stuff, but I didn't quite expect his next to be so hard-hitting.

Conservation and fighting for the rights of almost-extinct animals is a sore spot with me. Far too many economic complications make what should be a no-brainer issue into a real nightmare.

Mix not just elephants but a future with brought-back mammoths, some really cool SF sidewinding plots, and a ton of great characters and the low grumble in my gut of fear, and this turned out to be something quite special.

Short, hard-hitting, and it's also rather gorgeous. A great little SF that hits way too close to our home.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment