Mailing List

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Gunner's ApprenticeGunner's Apprentice by Brent Weeks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

He read this to us when I was at a SF convention and the whole audience sat, enraptured, as we were led to our dooms. I wanted to strangle the author at the time.

As a practical joke, I've never been quite so had in all my life, and the fact that he pulled it off with such a straight face and with an obviously great story like this, KNOWING that all his fans were seeing such a brilliant turning point in the novels that we were there for, was sufficient for all of us to cheerfully murder Mr. Weeks by the end of the story.

Never mind that my estimation of him as both one of my favorite writers only increased after this.

Anyone who can toy with my emotions so facilely deserves every penny of my hard-earned money.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment