Mailing List

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Malibu RisingMalibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm old enough to remember the MTV revolution and surfer dudes, (but not old enough to remember Gidget), so this was something of a blast from the past, part nostalgia (or something like it since I was never a part of that scene) and part alien.

I mean that. People like this are alien to me. All parties and surf and the sad side of rock life.

Of course, with a good writer, it doesn't matter what the subject is. And Taylor Jenkins Reid is a very, very good writer. Every character was engaging, if often infuriating, and I got lost in the tale of this family.

It was absolutely delightful. I even put on Pink Floyd's Shine on You Crazy Diamond just to feel those end-of-summer blues.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment