Mailing List

Thursday, January 9, 2020

The Winter PeopleThe Winter People by Jennifer McMahon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my second book by McMahon, and like the other, we live in a modern world and a historical one, both intertwined in very interesting ways. The mystery slowly unfolds and makes us ask more and more questions, leads us down well-worn paths that may or may not be red-herrings for the horror genre in general, and satisfies in all the ways that matter.

Good characters in bad situations, surviving as best they can while suffering tragedy after tragedy.

The plot, nearing all the way to the end, was quite good and fine for me.

The end, however... was not.

Do I really want to see a tale like this end like this? No. Not at all. It's too... *something something* that saying out loud would spoil too much and ruin others' reading experience.

At least I enjoyed the grand majority of the tale. :) An ending like this is still not enough for me to knock it more than a single star.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment