Mailing List

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Last Wish (The Witcher, #0.5)The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I may be coming at this from an entirely weird direction, at least for me, but I'm FINALLY setting my sights on the Witcher after sooooo many years of putting it off, and putting it off, and putting it off. Why the heck would I start now?

*hangs head in shame* I watched the tv show. I loved the tv show. I had too many unanswered questions.

I even have the three video games! I just haven't PLAYED them. *hangs head in shame again*

So I had this idea that this first of two short story collections set in the Witcher universe, continued with full novels later, might be a kind of hit-or-miss thing, but the truth is far from that reality.

I loved the tv show. And to my surprise, practically every story was faithfully represented! Not just the spirit of, but almost all the details, too! I could nit-pick about this and that, but when it comes right down to it, I LOVE how faithful it is to the original.

Yeah, it seems like I'm reviewing the tv show and not the book, right? So be it. No matter how I look at it, I HAD FUN. :) I fell in love with all those characters and I fell in love with them again. I read a story or two from the second collection and discovered that the first season of the tv show is taking source material from it, too. :)

This is the nicest start to the new year. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment