Mailing List

Monday, December 30, 2019

The Boys Vol. 3 Digital OmnibusThe Boys Vol. 3 Digital Omnibus by Garth Ennis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let's face it. I have an iron stomach. I can handle all the over-the-top violence a comic can throw at me. I like a good bit of horror, too. But what I like best of all?

Good Satire.

And let's face it, mate, this one goes all bollocks on every superhero franchise we've got. Who are the bad guys? Who are good? It doesn't matter. They're all summed up quite nicely by Butcher's Great Power observation. It sums up nicely that great power corrupts absolutely. And no, I'm not using the word he uses. I may enjoy a great R-rated comic but it doesn't mean I have to write an R-rated review. :)

I'm telling you, the big blowout oat the end of this, with the war, the coup, the everything... was freaking amazing. I even got that huge sinking feeling in the whole wrap-up that turned into a dark depression. And yet, the comic still kept coming on strong. And ended strong.

This is right up there with The Watchmen for me. Maybe, in some ways, it is better. Not all the way better, but **** me, mate, I had me some great laughs. This is a classic. I'll be making no bones about it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment