Mailing List

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Alien: River of Pain (Canonical Alien trilogy, #3)Alien: River of Pain by Christopher Golden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Let's be real. Novels based on movie franchises (or tv, for that matter,) often feel like a nostalgia trip if not an outright money grab.

So, you like the movie Aliens? The Cameron one? Well, good news! This one adds a lot to the original movie, adding a lot of backstory for the original colonists on Archeron where we get to see Newt and her parents and the ultimate destruction of the colony.

We also get Ripley and a bit more of her story on Earth before all the S**t went down.

Here's the real:

I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

I don't care. I love it. It's like watching an extended version of the film, only a bit MORE extended, with only a few bits here and there from the original re-done in the novel and leaving me wide open to watch the movie all over again with more appreciation.

Guess what DVD I just popped in my player? :) Yippie!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment