Mailing List

Monday, March 11, 2019

The Little Book of Stupidity: How We Lie to Ourselves and Don't Believe OthersThe Little Book of Stupidity: How We Lie to Ourselves and Don't Believe Others by Sia Mohajer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well, now. What do we have here? A neat little primer on what it means to be biased? Ten different means and ways we are biased with pretty decent descriptions about each?

Yep. That's about it.

Not included, unfortunately, is any trace of humor.

Why did I act on my bias that this might have been funny? Maybe it was the cover and the GREAT title for the text. It seemed PERFECT for a snarky little book on Logic and Self-Help with tons of tongue-in-cheek observations that could have been genuine, personal, and delightful.

Instead, we do get a SLIGHT taste of the personal and a rather abrupt zinger at the end letting us know that we're all pretty stupid and biases will always be with us.

Sure, it may be very true, but the way the author said it was completely without charm. Alas.

So, congratulations. You're biased. I know I was. I got this book based on a silly set of expectations that certainly didn't pan out.

I guess I learned a valuable lesson. The author is a genius.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment