Mailing List

Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 on Goodreads2018 on Goodreads by Various
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Year-end review! Best of the best, or if I'm to be entirely honest, the CLASSES of the best of the best. Too many of these "oh my god this if f***ing GREAT" books happened to fall into series. And since I read or re-read a ton of my favorite series this last year, it makes no sense to point at individual novels in the group unless I wanted to give ya'll a list longer than your arm.

So, Series Reads:
Charles Stross's Laundry Files (all) starting with The Atrocity Archives
Terry Pratchett's Discworld (all) starting with The Color of Magic
Neal Asher's Transformation series starting with Dark Intelligence
Sebastien de Castell's Greatcoats (all) starting with Traitor's Blade
James Islington's Licanius starting with The Shadow of What Was Lost
Nicholas Eames's The Band starting with Kings of the Wyld
Richard K. Morgan's Takeshi Kovacs (all) starting with Altered Carbon

Long list, I know, but I did read 565 books this year.

On to the best individual books of the year for me! I'm categorizing a few out of place but in every case, I'm judging them based on how I feel LONG after I've read them. If I still love it months and months after the initial bloom has worn off, they get thrown into this pile. :)

Individuals (with a few sequels worthy of mention):
The Monster Baru Cormorant
Vengeful
Foundryside
The Gone World
The Years of Rice and Salt
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
To Say Nothing of the Dog
Little, Big

Best Classics:
Catch-22
The Trial
The Three Musketeers
The Count of Monte Cristo
Metamorphoses


Totally Freaking Creative and Delightful:
The Body Library
Space Opera
Food of the Gods
My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, Vol. 1
Uzumaki: Spiral into Horror, Vol. 1
The Heretic's Guide to Homecoming: Book One: Theory
The Eight Apostates

Best Totally Hardcore Concept Novel:
The Measurements of Decay

And last, but not least, the Totally Infamous List:
Saga, Vol. 9
Vol 8 and ESPECIALLY Vol 9

It broke my heart into millions of pieces.


There might be a ton of honorable mentions and past favorites and Stephen King to mention... but I'm not doing that here. :)

This is just my current, still present in my heart, favorites for the year.

Happy New Year!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment