Mailing List

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Magician: Master (The Riftwar Saga #2)Magician: Master by Raymond E. Feist
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm SO happy to realize that my original love of these books in my youth remains as bright in my middle age. :)

As a matter of fact, now that I've had a lot of time to read and process a very large assortment of fantasy novels both epic and derivative and sometimes both, I can confidently say that this may very well be as good as the WoT series that I have been known to put so much store by.

Impressive, no?

So Much Happens. Pug gets kidnapped in the previous book and sent to an alternate world across a rift in space and time, spends years as a slave, gets discovered by the powerful mages there as one of their own, gets trained and indoctrinated. What a change from his past life! But while this is all fondly remembered from before, what becomes a real treat for me is life back at home.

Harrowing sailing, intrigue and politics in cities, and 9 years of a long, long war with the peoples across the rift. Unforgettable characters, immense battle, tactics, strategy, and mindblowing magic at all the very best instances. :)

Fondly remembered? Oh yeah. But now it's firmly enshrined. :) I cannot WAIT to dig into all the rest. :)

I sincerely hope to call this one of my absolute favorite fantasy series. We shall see! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment