Mailing List

Monday, January 8, 2018

The Land: Catacombs (Chaos Seeds, #4)The Land: Catacombs by Aleron Kong
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As always, when I find something supremely enjoyable and so delicious in the devouring, I tend to go overboard with gonzo reviews. I rave like a ravager. So what makes this one different than all the rest?

This is JUST like Skyrim. Only, this is totally humorous and full of all the self-referential Earthly goodness of an actual player scamming an immersive reality-game. :)

In this novel, we're moving a bit beyond legendary enchanting and going right into legendary alchemy skills. We've got that smithing going, too, but the real focus is on becoming uber-boss and dragging his whole village kicking and screaming into uber-ville with him. Fun? Hell, yeah. Plenty of side quests that turn epic on a dime, new characters climbing the ranks, and at the center of it all, Richter. We're all the Richter for him. :)

All across the board, I feel the leveling-up magic. Scamming the system has never been so fun. Power builds aside, we're in the territory of grabbing every single skill only to learn it can become utterly epic. :) And more than Skyrim, there's even more customization and secrets to uncover. It's almost dreamlike in how it caters to us gamers. :)

So, I like it, then? Hell, yah. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment