Mailing List

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Miniatures: The Very Short Fiction of John ScalziMiniatures: The Very Short Fiction of John Scalzi by John Scalzi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC!

I've been a pretty consistent fan of Scalzi so when I got a chance to read his short stories before publication, I jumped on it with zeal.

His trademark humor works great here. From trade unions and planets to booking agents for super heroes to strongly-worded employee guides at supermarkets where some touchy aliens shop, I can't say there was a story here that I didn't like.

Of course, not all were humorous by nature, but most of them were and I had a great time with all of them.

Expect social commentary, some dry legalese set upon really funny alien situations and a really delightful story about the end of humanity by kitchen appliances. :)

I totally recommend checking these out... but just not for the poetry. Um. Poem. ;)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment