Mailing List

Friday, December 30, 2016

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1)Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What began as a literary treasure hunt flirtation between a couple of cute kids quickly became...

A truly delightful and innocent romance. :)



Believe me, no one is more shocked than me how much I fell into and loved this little book. I mean, it wasn't just the literary side or the well-spoken Snarl or the impulsive Lily. It was the entire shape of the novel with all of the normal conventions: the shy flirtations, the near misses, the almost-meetings, and then, most dangerously, the other boys and girls. It was all delightful and sooooo innocent. :) Even the Crimson Alert and the Sweaty Santa, it evokes a different sensation in adults, still managed to come across as INNOCENT on the page.

And I liked it. I really really liked it.

It's like opening a door to an alternate dimension and discovering that everything is gentle and loyal and honorable and smart. *shiver* It's so odd! And pretty! :)

And of course, the writing is also quite beautiful, too. And charming. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment