Mailing List

Monday, June 20, 2016

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Surprisingly entertaining and it feels like a serious step-up from the first book.

I mean, witchy adventures and seven-year solar-magical catastrophes aside, who doesn't love a battle between gods? Oh, Morrigan! I've seen you in other series, how beautiful to see and you again!

I liked the mystery and the movements through the UF, and now that we're in the middle of character development, rather than just the opening sequences, I'm enjoying the play between Curran and Kate. Nothing is quite smooth sailing, but what did we really expect?

Drama, action, super bloody blades, wild magic words causing damage to the wielder, and chaos? Well, yes. That is what we expect, and I'm really happy with it. :)

I'm getting a hint of what the series is to become, I think, and I do like it. :) On to the next!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment