Mailing List

Friday, June 17, 2016

Double Dead (Double Dead, #1)Double Dead by Chuck Wendig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Serious fun stuff. I can't believe this is his first novel, and the first one I've read. It certainly isn't going to by my last. :) I love the concept. Vampire MC in a zombie wasteland. SO TOTALLY COOL.

And yes, there's a full-blown tribute to either the comic for The Walking Dead or the TV series. Soo many great scenes, all made with just enough difference to be all Wendig, but with a very classy evil humor that's all Wendig, too. :)

So I fell into this novel having a grand ole time and it never let up for me, being both light and evil and delightfully full of action and great characters and cool hints for massive solutions that May or May Not pan out as you hope, just like in TWD, only we've got some serious Resident Evil stuff going on, too, to up the stakes. *happy dance*

Why isn't everyone just jumping on this fun book and devouring it? IDK. Because they just don't know that something this fun could exist in literature? I mean, it's not like it's deep or anything, but it's so delightfully subversive and just plain FUN. *happy dance*

Go read! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment