Mailing List

Monday, May 2, 2016

The Winter Long (October Daye, #8)The Winter Long by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book, along with the rest of the series, will either lands you in the camp of "I love all you guys," or "Oh god this just isn't for me." Of course, if you've made it to book eight, then you're already pretty damn familiar with all the peeps, and if you are, then you're going to LOVE this one.

Why? Because practically everyone gets a walk-on and a few early villains come back to wreak havoc. :)

Death? Oh yeah, lots of death and surprises in store for us, but October wouldn't be October without huge changes and crazy in-laws, would she? Nah, and I didn't even mind that this one had a pretty huge side-plot dealing with estranged parental (or in this case, quasi-parental) reconciliation. It's even better when all the history comes back to you as you read it. :) It might even be better if I had just gone off a full re-read binge, even. :)

This Is Urban Fantasy, but mostly it's just Fae being fucking cray-cray, and isn't that why we always keep coming back? Yup. I do believe it is. That, or the Sea Witch and the blood. One or the other. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment